Saturday, June 25, 2011

Capuchins organize Flash Mob Adoration

I've been busy with school but I've also gotten lazy. I think too I let myself get dragged down by events around me. A fellow friar quoted the Blessed Virgin's assurance at Fatima "In the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph." For me as for him this gives me hope and perspective.

To start there's this:



It was at Catherine of Sienna Institute website. According to the website:

The Capuchin Friars, Brs Mark, Prins & John, return to Preston after 467 years, following the Dissolution of the Monasteries in 1539, to take responsibility for the Catholic Chaplaincy at the University of central Lancashire. The new Chaplaincy is on the site of the Leper Hospital of St. Mary Magdalen, founded c.1177. In about 1525 the hospital was transferred to the Franciscan Friars who left at the Dissolution in 1539.

I know I've met Prins but I'm not sure if I've met the others. They are our neighbouring province and perhaps one day we may have to be one province unless vocations seriously pick up on both sides of 'the water'.

Fair play to them for this innovative way of evangelization. I'm not sure about the method of transporting the Blessed Sacrament but it seemed to make an impact. Well done.

1 comment:

A Secular Franciscan said...

Wonderful and positive - thanks for sharing this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails